PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION
The Parent Teacher Association is playing a pivotal role in the efficient functioning of the college machinery. It supports all endeavors and establishes a positive and constructive link between all the stakeholders.
Extending relationships between the college staff, parents, and all other stakeholders.
Engaging in financial and practical activities which support the college. Such activities shall always be subjected to the approval of the Principal of SSV College.
To achieve these objectives, the PTA shall be empowered to:
*Provide venues for the expression of views on matters of general interest to parents, faculty and students.
* Provide services and programmes in support of scholastic pursuits and extracurricular activities of the students.
* Propose to the College administration and/or the Management any suggestions for existing educational programs or for the adoption of any new programs that may be responsive to the changing requirements of an international student body;
*Raise funds, transact business and exercise such functions as are necessary in the execution of the stated objectives of the organization; Provide social venues for parents, students and teachers to interact.
Constitution & Membership
The Principal and all the teaching Staff and the parents / guardians of all the students on rolls of the college during an academic year shall be the members of the association and this constitute the general body. The general body meets once in a year. The administration of the association is vested in an executive committee elected every year by the general body. The Executive Committee consists of the President (Principal) vice-president (from parents), Secretary (from teaching staff) and members elected from teaching staff and Parents / Guardians. The executive meeting is held once every semester or whenever the need arises. Sri. Manu Sankar C is elected as the secretary for this academic year.
1 Dr. Padma P (Principal) President
2 Sri. Jayan K (Parent) Vice President
3 Smt. Sumi K S (Teacher) Secretary
4 Sri. Manojkumar M P (Parent) Joint Secretary
5. Smt. Jaimol Joy (Parent) Joint Secretary
Conducted Orientation class for parents and students of first years on 18/07/18 at Advaitha Hall.
A Meeting of the selected members of PTA of each class was conducted on 1st September 2018 at 2 pm in PNN Hall. The main agenda of the meeting was the election of the Executive members 24 parents and 13 teachers attended the meeting .The following members are electedto the executive committee.
- Jayan K -Vice President
- Jaimol Joy -Joint Secretary
- Manoj Kumar M P -Joint Secretary
- Suresh Kumar
- C P Jayan
- M P Varghese
- C V Indrajith
- Jayapalan P S
Mr.Jayan K was nominated as the Vice President and Manoj Kumar M P and Jaimol Joy were nominated as the Joint secretaries. The executive committee also include one staff member from each department.
PTA Executive Meeting 2018-19
The first PTA Executive meeting was conducted on 1st September at 3.30 pm in PNN Hall.PTA President Dr. P Padma(College principal) presided over the function. 23 members participated. The main agenda of the meeting was to discuss the future plans regarding the working of PTA. A discussion was automatically emerged regarding the flood victims .Several suggestions were put forward by the members. Finally it was decided to visit the houses of students who were affected by flood and help them as per their needs. The meeting ends at 4.30 pm.
College alumni helped the flood affected students of the college by contributing teaching materials and accessories. So an alteration was made in the decision taken by the executive committee. It was decided to contribute an amount to the chief minister’s disaster relief fund.
PTA Executive Meetingwas held on 29/01/2019 at 2pm at PNN Hall.
- General discipline
- Meritorious awards
- Purifier cum cooler installation
- Class on cyber law
- Discipline should be discussed in the general PTA meeting
- It was decided to conduct the general PTA meeting , meritorious award and class on cyber law on 3rd week of February
- It was also decided to install purifier cum cooler in each block of the college.
- Decided to give Rs.25000/year to welfare activities for the needy people inside or outside the college through the Social Responsibility Scheme of the college
- Decided to give Rs.2000 to the functioning of each club in the college and necessary changes in the amount if needed.
PTA Executive Committee-2015-16
Executive Committee meetings–Following decisions and suggestions were made
14-06-15-1.Financial assistance to clubs and departments to conduct programmes(Rs2000 and 5000 each)
2. campus cleaning
3.to give financial support to campus colour shooting team.(Asianet)
23-8-15-1.Financial support to buy a computer in nearby Government L P School
2. Medical expenses of financially weak students
14-1-16-1.Financial support to a neighbor in her medical expenses(Rs.5000)
2. to give financial support to Departments in conduction of Arts fest-Rs 2000 each
28-1-2016 – Decided to conduct Class PTA and Executive committee meeting -result analysis
02-02-2016- FN -General Body meeting -Award distribution to University Rank holders and Class Toppers
General body meeting of SSV College Parent Teachers Association was conducted on 02-02-2016 and following were elected as the members of PTA Executive Committee-2015-16
1.Sri.R Krishna Kumar(Principal) -President
3.Sri. Santhosh Kumar.N – (Vice President)
4.Sri.Eldhose N.V. – (Joint Secretary)
6.Sri .Mohanan Kartha
02-02-2016-FN -Class PTA
1. Campus cleaning-4
2. Financial assistance to students (medical back ground)-13Nos
3 Cash Award and Shield to University Rank holders-2
4. Cash Award and Shield to best out going students-14Nos
5. Award to Toppers (CBCSS Examinations 1st Semester)-42Nos
6. Awareness Classes for Students and Parents -2
7. Financial support to campus colour shooting team.(Asianet)
8. Financial support to buy a computer in nearby Government L P School
9.Financial assistance to clubs and departments to conduct programmes(Rs2000 and 5000 each)
10.Financial support to a neighbor in her medical expenses(Rs.5000)
11. Financial support to Departments in conduction of Arts fest-Rs 2000 each
12.Financial support to conduct Alumni meeting-Rs 9000/-
General Body meeting – 1
Class PTA- 2