PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION
The Parent Teacher Association is playing a pivotal role in the efficient functioning of the college machinery. It supports all endeavors and establishes a positive and constructive link between all the stakeholders.
Extending relationships between the college staff, parents, and all other stakeholders.
Engaging in financial and practical activities which support the college. Such activities shall always be subjected to the approval of the Principal of SSV College.
To achieve these objectives, the PTA shall be empowered to:
*Provide venues for the expression of views on matters of general interest to parents, faculty and students.
* Provide services and programmes in support of scholastic pursuits and extracurricular activities of the students.
* Propose to the College administration and/or the Management any suggestions for existing educational programs or for the adoption of any new programs that may be responsive to the changing requirements of an international student body;
*Raise funds, transact business and exercise such functions as are necessary in the execution of the stated objectives of the organization; Provide social venues for parents, students and teachers to interact.
Constitution & Membership
The Principal and all the teaching Staff and the parents / guardians of all the students on rolls of the college during an academic year shall be the members of the association and this constitute the general body. The general body meets once in a year. The administration of the association is vested in an executive committee elected every year by the general body. The Executive Committee consists of the President (Principal) vice-president (from parents), Secretary (from teaching staff) and members elected from teaching staff and Parents / Guardians. The executive meeting is held once every semester or whenever the need arises. Sri. Manu Sankar C is elected as the secretary for this academic year.
1 Dr. Padma P (Principal) President
2 Sri. Jayan K (Parent) Vice Presidnet
3 Smt. Sumi K S (Teacher) Secretary
4 Sri. Manojkumar M P (Parent) Joint Secretary
5. Smt. Jaimol Joy (Parent) Joint Secretary
PTA Executive Committee-2015-16
Executive Committee meetings–Following decisions and suggestions were made
14-06-15-1.Financial assistance to clubs and departments to conduct programmes(Rs2000 and 5000 each)
2. campus cleaning
3.to give financial support to campus colour shooting team.(Asianet)
23-8-15-1.Financial support to buy a computer in nearby Government L P School
2. Medical expenses of financially weak students
14-1-16-1.Financial support to a neighbor in her medical expenses(Rs.5000)
2. to give financial support to Departments in conduction of Arts fest-Rs 2000 each
28-1-2016 – Decided to conduct Class PTA and Executive committee meeting -result analysis
02-02-2016- FN -General Body meeting -Award distribution to University Rank holders and Class Toppers
General body meeting of SSV College Parent Teachers Association was conducted on 02-02-2016 and following were elected as the members of PTA Executive Committee-2015-16
1.Sri.R Krishna Kumar(Principal) -President
3.Sri. Santhosh Kumar.N – (Vice President)
4.Sri.Eldhose N.V. – (Joint Secretary)
6.Sri .Mohanan Kartha
02-02-2016-FN -Class PTA
1. Campus cleaning-4
2. Financial assistance to students (medical back ground)-13Nos
3 Cash Award and Shield to University Rank holders-2
4. Cash Award and Shield to best out going students-14Nos
5. Award to Toppers (CBCSS Examinations 1st Semester)-42Nos
6. Awareness Classes for Students and Parents -2
7. Financial support to campus colour shooting team.(Asianet)
8. Financial support to buy a computer in nearby Government L P School
9.Financial assistance to clubs and departments to conduct programmes(Rs2000 and 5000 each)
10.Financial support to a neighbor in her medical expenses(Rs.5000)
11. Financial support to Departments in conduction of Arts fest-Rs 2000 each
12.Financial support to conduct Alumni meeting-Rs 9000/-
General Body meeting – 1
Class PTA- 2