A girl’s hostel with a capacity of 100 is available in the campus. 60 students and 3 teachers are staying in the hostel. There is also a full time warden staying with the girls who is ready to help them whenever required.
1. Ms. Thanoojadevi.P.K (Convener)
Hostel Rules & Regulations
1. All movements from and to the hostels should be recorded in the movement register kept with the security guard at the entrance of the hostel and should be properly signed.
2. No hosteller is permitted to stay out of the hostel beyond 6pm. The security guard has instructions to lock the gate after the stipulated timings as mentioned above.
3. The hostellers are generally discouraged from going out of the hostels during weekends and holidays. However, in extraordinary circumstances, if they want to leave the hostel, written permission has to be obtained from the Warden. Whenever they leave the hostel for vacations they have to inform the Warden in writing about their travel plan. The students are required to obtain permission from the Warden after obtaining message from the parent for which the mobile numbers of the parents are to be registered with the warden at the time of admission. They are also required to return on the specified dates and submit a letter signed by their parents as an indication that they stayed with their Parents / Guardian during the weekends holidays/ vacations. In addition they have to make an entry of their “check out” and “check in” in the movement register kept with the
security guard/Warden of the hostel.
4. The hostellers will be permitted to change their rooms only after Warden’s approval.
5. The hostel rooms are subject to inspection by the College / Hostel authorities to make sure that they are kept neat and tidy and no unauthorized items like liquor, drugs, lethal weapons etc., are kept in the room. Possession of any lethal weapons or any instrument / contrivance, which is likely to cause physical harm to others, is strictly prohibited.
6. Perfect silence is to be maintained in the hostel premises including rooms, bathrooms, dining halls, corridors, common areas etc., Every student of the hostel should have the civic responsibility that he or she should not be a cause inconvenience, annoyance or disturbance to others.
7. The hostellers should not enter into any unnecessary conversation, quarrel or altercation with the hostel staff. If anyone has any complaint against any employee of the hostel, a written complaint against the person is to be lodged with the Warden. Use of abusive, vulgar and unparliamentarily language against the hostel/mess staff is strictly forbidden. Any complaint received from staff/faculty towards students will be taken action seriously.
8. If any hosteller is found indulging in any form of instigation / intimidation / threat to any other hostellers she will be asked to vacate the hostel forthwith. In this regard, the decision of the Chief Warden is final and binding on the individual’s concerned.
9. Smoking is prohibited in the hostel buildings. Gambling in any form such as playing cards (even without money at stake), consumption of alcohol, use of drugs and narcotics and even possession of such things are prohibited. Anyone found indulging in the use of such things will not only be asked to vacate the hostel but also be rusticated from the College.
10. Day scholars are not allowed in the hostel. Hostellers should not encourage entry of day scholars.
11. Celebrating birthday parties inside the hostel rooms is strictly prohibited. They can celebrate in the specified space mentioned in the hostel before 9pm after getting a written concern from their Warden.
12. Collection of donation for any purpose (Religious/ otherwise) is also strictly prohibited.
13. Students are not allowed to play any outdoor games inside the hostel to prevent breakages and accidents. Sliding along the hand rails/rest of stairs and fast running/ climbing down should be totally avoided to prevent accidents.
14.When leaving the rooms for attending classes or for vacation, etc., fans, electrical gadgets, lights etc., should be switched off. Windows are to be closed securely.
15. Students absenting themselves from regular classes will have to take the permission of the Warden and communicate the information to their class tutors.
16. Hostellers coming to the Hostel after the gate closing hours without prior permission or without valid reason would be fined. Regular late comers will not be allowed to stay in the hostel.
17.Water should be carefully used and not wasted.
18.Wrong entry, improper / lack of entry in exit register, signing on behalf of another person, tampering with the entries, proxy attendance and misguidance of any nature are punishable. In case of any quarrel between or among roommates it should be reported to the Warden for appropriate action.
19. Absentees / Latecomers (without prior permission from the Warden) will be suitably punished.
20. Students coming late / or absent regularly will be expelled from the Hostel. Such students shall not be readmitted under any circumstances.
21. At the time of starting of the semester, no student should lock any room other than the officially allotted room. If the allotted room is a shared accommodation the student should inform the other student in the room or Warden whenever they are going out of the hostel. Students leaving the hostel after the semester or discontinuing their stay should never lock their rooms and cupboards.
22. Students are not allowed to keep any power driven two wheeler vehicles in the hostel.
23. The hostellers are not allowed to keep air coolers, musical instruments, cassette record players, and computers, TV, electric irons or any electrical equipment without written permission of the Chief Warden. Unauthorised possession will lead to confiscation of the goods.
24. Use of Mobile phones are not permitted inside the Hostel.
Guests are not permitted to stay in the hostel. Parents/ Guardian visiting the student should remain in the visiting room of the hostel. Entry into the hostel blocks is not permitted.
Mess Timings and Rules
1. All the students of the hostel should take their food in the allotted mess only.
2. The meal timings are displayed at the entrance of the dining hall. These timings are to be strictly adhered to. It is not obligatory on the part of the kitchen/dining hall staff to serve the meals outside the prescribed timings.
3. Dining hall furniture like chairs, tables, etc., and utensils like stainless steel tumblers, plates, spoons etc., are not to be taken out of the dining hall. If anyone is found taking these dining hall properties out, she will be suitably penalized.
4. The hostel kitchen is strictly “Out of Bounds” for the students/parents/guardians.
5. Sick person will be served mess food in the room, only if the student registers their name with the Warden.
6. The hostellers shall not waste food, electricity & water. Wastage of food is a national loss. If anyone is found indulging in such wastage, she will be asked to vacate the hostel, since wastage causes unnecessary and unavoidable expenditure to others.
Damages and Recovery
1. Rough handling of dining hall furniture, room furniture or any furniture / property or fittings of the hostel is strictly forbidden.
2. The cost of damages will be recovered in the following manner:
If any individual or group is identified to have caused the damage, double the cost will be recovered from her/group.
If damage is done in anyone of the rooms and the person(s) is / are not identified then double the cost will be recovered from the room-mates collectively.
If a damage is done outside the rooms i.e., in common places like corridors, bathrooms, recreation halls, mess etc., and the person(s) is/ are not identified, then double the cost will be recovered, floor wise or block wise or on the whole, as the case may be. Repetition of damage to the hostel property will result in expulsion from the hostel.
Arrangements at the time of Vacation
1. All hostel students will vacate their rooms before proceeding on vacation.
2. A separate cloak room will be made available to keep their belongings while proceeding on vacation. Personal belongings should be placed inside locked suitcases, trunks/boxes and should bear complete details. The items kept inside the room are to be entered in the note book kept by the in-charge of the cloak room.
3. Students who have kept their belongings in the cloak room should positively report on or one day before the reopening day and move to their respective rooms. Students who come late will not be entertained for any loss of property and will be penalized.
4. In case of final year student’s parent’s approval is necessary before vacating the hostel. In case students who vacate in-between the semester, permission from class tutor and parents approval is mandatory.
5. Students who have vacated should not enter the hostel without prior permission from hostel authorities.
“Ragging” means display of disorderly conduct, doing any act which causes or is likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear or shame or embarrassment to a student in any educational institution and includes :-
a) teasing, abusing of, playing practical jokes on or causing hurt to such student,
b) asking the student to do any act or perform something which the student will not in the ordinary course willingly do.
If anyone is found guilty of ragging she will be expelled and also liable for prosecution under the PROVISIONS OF KERALA PROHIBITION OF RAGGING ACT 1998. which will result in a minimum punishment with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to a fine of Rs.10,000/-
- The attendance timing is 7.30 to 9.00 pm.
- All hostellers have to be present in their respective rooms and keep open the rooms between 9:30 pm &10:30 pm every day to enable the Wardens / Block Supervisors to take the attendance.
- Strict silence should be observed between 10.00 pm & 6:00 am.