Career Guidance and Placement Cell
In today’s dynamically changing market building an effective career strategy becomes imperative. The Career Guidance and Placement Cell is a resource for seeking career-related information that helps you take advantage of new or upcoming job opportunities. The Cell provides students with the resources and skills necessary to pursue their career goals. The Cell is mainly responsible for establishing contact with various organizations and arranging interviews for the students. It also takes care of Industrial Visits and Summer Training. The Cell functions under the guidance of Placement Officers.
- To develop recruitment strategies that will attract professional supporters in leading institutions for the purpose of building a coalition of professional support.
- The purpose of this cell is counseling students and providing employment-readiness services that will meet the demands of a highly skilled workforce, thus creating interest and professionalism in the students
The assistance offered is as follows:
- Students are provided Career Guidance and Placement Preparation Sessions.
- Students are assigned interviews with prospective employers based on their skill levels, aptitude and career aspirations.
- The Cell liaisons with the prospective hiring organization till the actual placement takes place. It negotiates on behalf of the prospective employee with the industry for the best terms and conditions.
- Maintaining database of students to refer them for suitable job vacancies.
- Conducting campus interviews for reputable and professional organizations.
- Training students for their professional career.
- Preparing them for competitive civil exams, higher studies and choosing a rewarding career.
- Giving information on Professional Development courses higher studies available in India and abroad and informing the students.
- Conducting training programs on Behavioral Skills and Personality Developments.
- Assisting students in discovering their strengths, sharpening their interests and planning for a satisfying future.
- Maintaining job Performa at the cell for making suitable JOB REFERRALS.
The various career guidance activities proposed to be undertaken by the CGPC are:
- Information regarding GRE, GMAT, GATE, CAT and other entrance exams are made available to the students. Coaching for the preparation for these exams is provided and the students who qualify the written exams are given mock interviews and intensive training sessions. They are also given counseling on the fields and colleges they can apply to by the S.S.V. alumni who have already proved their mettle.
- The students are advised on the various avenues they can explore based on their areas of interest – be it in the research field, software development or core engineering fields. Recruitment to various research posts in VSSC, ISRO and the like are notified to interested students. Required coaching for the same is provided.
- To motivate students to take the plunge into entrepreneurship, training classes are organized. Budding entrepreneurs are given guidance to further their career and start off on their own.
- Career counseling programs are undertaken by the placement coordinator to guide the students when ever required. Interactive sessions by the leaders in respective fields are conducted regularly. This keeps the students in touch with the latest developments in their field of choice, thereby bringing them at par with the best brains of the country.
- Various talks, symposiums and workshops by eminent personalities are conducted on a regular basis which exposes the students to various career opportunities. The CGPU helps in the enhancement of technical and soft skills of the students.
- Personality development programs, mock interviews and mock GD sessions are conducted to enhance the communication skills of the students and to make them proficient in appearing for the same.
1. Sri. Anup JainM J – Co-Ordinator
ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
Entrepreneurship Development Clubs is to sensitize the student community about the need and importance of industrialization. For this there is a need for developing an entrepreneurial culture which involve a set of values, norms and traits that are conducive to the growth of Entrepreneurship.
The other objectives include:
a. Teaching them the way of earning income while learning,
b. The methodology of preparation of project report,
c. The various incentive schemes offered by industries department,
d. Helping the student community in identifying projects of viable nature,
e. The way of getting financial assistance from banks/ Financial Institutions.
f. Arranging platform for interacting with successful entrepreneurs to build confidence.
g. Developing in them an entrepreneurial culture. sector has not been developed much
The main functions to be carried out by the Entrepreneurship Development Clubs are:
1. Organize interactive sessions with successful entrepreneurs for sharing the success stories.
2. Organize entrepreneurship awareness programmes and entrepreneurship clinics for giving information about project preparation, steps in organizing industries, incentives and schemes available, manner of obtaining bank finance, areas open to new generation entrepreneurs and importance of the feasibility study.
3. Organic industrial visits and interaction with promotional agencies
1. Sheena Kaimal N. (Co-ordinator)
CAREER ORIENTATION COUNCIL
It is envisaged that professionally qualified graduates with a sound knowledge of their core disciplines and expertise in a concerned skill will have more openings in service, industry and self-employment sectors. The objective of the Programme is to introduce career and market-oriented, skill enhancing add-on Courses that have utility for job, self-employment and empowerment of the students. At the end of three years, the students will be equipped with a Certificate/Diploma/Advanced diploma in an add-on orientation course along with a conventional degree in Science/Arts/Commerce. College offers Add On Courses in three departments under UGC scheme and one DCA Course.
- Manusankar C. (Co-ordinator)
- Principal (Chairman)